THE ADVENTURE BEGINS
Posted by mountaintopquilting on Monday, January 11th, 2010
You may have heard via the grapevine that we have moved. Yes you heard correctly. We purchased a house in Lenox Dale MA in the Berkshire Mountains of Western Massachusetts and are currently selling our home in Oregon. To explain my long absence … how did this all come about?
It all started in September last year when we returned from our vacation:
- September: what would you think about moving to MA to be closer to the kids and the grandbabies?
- Mid-October: go to MA and start looking at houses; make an offer; loose the offer
- November: still looking but thinking this will be a Spring Event. Keep slowly sorting, organizing and packing boxes with non-essentials.
- Late November (week of Thanksgiving): person who outbid us lost his funding. Are we still interested? Make a new offer
- December: Offer accepted, house closed, and how soon can you be here to take possession. No more slowly sorting and organizing. Now we're packing in earnest!
- Mid-December: packers (friends and pros) come to help, movers show up a day early to load the van, and after a whirlwind of 3 days we are on our way. Car is packed; we leave Friday morning and arrive at our new home Monday afternoon sliding into western Massachusetts right between two ferocious Winter storms gripping the nation making for treacherous driving.
- December 22nd: unloading the van - started at 7:00 AM and finished at midnight. After 2 days of unpacking boxes looking for essentials we were ready for a break.
- December 25th: Yeah! Christmas with Toby and his family (love those grandbabies) in Boston. That's what this move was all about.
And now, we begin making a new home, meeting new friends … we love our village life with walks to the post office for our mail and chatting with new neighbors along the way.
Let us know when you want the Quilt Shop Hop! Janice and I will be glad to show you around...... And oh - we have a Statler get together every month or two in Manchester, NH - We'll put you on the invite list!by Joyce.... Again on 13 January 2010 at 9:06 p.m.
Welcome to New England Kay!!!!! I think we're probably only about 2 hours away from each other now.... How do you say RETREAT in New England???????????by Joyce on 13 January 2010 at 9:02 p.m.